Choices to Make
Choices and Decisions
The planning stages of a funeral service can seem overwhelming. In addition to the necessary elements of the funeral there are also many choices and decisions that will make the farewell a meaningful and personal event.
The cost of a funeral will depend upon the choices and decisions you have made and our policy is to ensure you are aware of all costs prior to the day of the service. These are divided into three areas.
Professional service fees
The Professional service fees refers to co-ordination and planning of the funeral by the funeral director. It also includes all costs incurred in transfer, use of vehicles and facilities as well as the preparation of the body for the funeral.
Coffin or Casket
There is a variety of caskets and coffi ns available. Costs for these are determined by the construction involved, the timbers selected and the fi nish provided. At Fitzgeralds Funerals, we are committed to assisting you to make the selection that best suits your needs.
These are paid for by the funeral director on behalf of the family and may include:
- Cemetery / Crematorium fees
- Funeral notices
- Floral tributes
- Clergy/celebrant fees
- Cremation permits and death certificate
Some of these payments will be made on or before the day of the Service. We offer a range of extra services that cater to individual tastes and these include:
- Photographic tributes displayed at the Service.
- Releasing of balloons or doves.
- An ‘Order of Service’ including poetry and photo’s prepared and personalised for the individual.
- A selection of music for inclusion in the Service..
- Thank you cards.
- The placement of personal items and keepsakes within the coffin.
- Musicians to perform at the Service.
- Family readings and tributes including an eulogy.
- Placing of flowers or rose petals on the coffi n during the Service.
- Recording the Service on Video, Audio or still photography.
- Catering for the gathering after the Service.
- Arranging and ordering of monumental work and memorial plaques.
The Caring Alternative
A local family came to understand the need for a choice in funeral care for the residents of Townsville and districts and in September 1997 Fitzgerald’s Funerals was established. With a clear focus on providing an affordable and dignified alternative in Funeral Care.
We at Fitzgerald’s Funerals pride ourselves in offering friendly and personalised attention.
Our commitment to you is to provide personal and pledge of complete client satisfaction by dedication to providing affordable service in conformity with the highest possible standards and ethics.
We thank you most sincerely for giving us the opportunity to serve you through a difficult period. The purpose of this publication is to help you become aware of the services we offer, with the intention of helping to relieve the burden placed on bereaved families in their time of sorrow.
What can we do for You ?
One of the questions that we ask of ourselves when approached by a family is ‘what can we do to help you’. The answer mostly comes down to helping the bereaved make clear and informed decisions, so that the services provided meet our clients needs and are uniquely suited to them.
We do this by providing our clients with a full and comprehensive understanding of all facets of Funeral Service. Our presentation of all services available to you is made in a simple, caring and understanding manner.
At Fitzgerald’s Funerals we offer:
- Friendly approachable staff with the ability to arrange services locally, interstate or even overseas if required.
- Modern vehicles and facilities for the transfer and care of the deceased at any time of the day or night.
- Dignified preparation of the body of the deceased including dressing and presentation for viewing by family members and friends.
- Obtaining and completing all required documentation for the legal provision of services.
- Arranging with clergy/celebrant and the nominated Cemetery, Crematorium, Church or Chapel.
- The registration of the death with Births, Deaths and Marriages and the application for a Death Certifi cate on behalf of the family.
When Someone Passes Away
When a family member or close friend whose funeral you are responsible for passes away, it is important to contact us as soon as possible. This is so we may assist you by providing the support you may need in order to commence the necessary procedures associated with all funerals.
At Fitzgerald’s Funerals, we are committed to supporting you in whatever ways we can from the time of death to the completion of the funeral servic and beyond if necessary.
If the death of your loved one is sudden or unexpected, a death certificate cannot immediately be issued. Routinely, the police must be notified and the death will be investigated by the Coroner’s department.
In such cases, the transfer of the body will be effected initially by a contractor appointed by the government. There is no obligation on your part to use the services of that contractor for your actual funeral service.
Soon after the death of your loved one and at time convenient to yourself, the funeral arrangements for your loved one can be made. As part of our ongoing commitment, these arrangements may be made in the privacy and comfort of your own home, or if you would prefer at our offi ces in our convenient city location.
At Fitzgerald’s Funerals we provide 24 hour service every day of the year.